“I aim to represent more diversity in the fashion industry. I want to keep exploring the limitations of fashion and design to overcome them” (Kasubika Chola, Kingston University)
|CFDA+ 2017 Catriona Pringle graduate collection|
- NAEUN KIM (BFA Fashion Design Universal and Menswear) loves to tell stories through fashion and her collection is a fascinating trip into the childhood memories, with male garments transformed by details, such as the pockets, which become the distinctive elements of the wardrobe.
- NIKKI KAIA LEE (BFA Fashion Design and Fibers), starting from the study of fibers and fabrics, she want to redesign the entire productive process to be closer with environment and human real nature.
- SAMUEL OWEN TICK (BFA Accessory Design) creates a genderless footwear collection based on the way of life of shinobi, the japanese ninja, focusing in particular on comfort and confidence of use.
- ZIMO YAN (MA Fashion Design and Textile) uses innovative ways to create fabrics for a highly-futuristic collection in which interactive garments can be controlled by sensors, emotions and movements.
|CFDA+ 2017 Naeun Kim graduate collection|
|CFDA+ 2017 Nikki Kaia Lee graduate collection|
|CFDA+ 2017 Samuel Owen Tick graduate collection|
|CFDA+ 2017 Zimo Yan graduate collection|
|CFDA+ 2017 Gabriela Sacconi graduate collection|
|CFDA+ 2017 Ann Xiao graduate collection|
|CFDA+ 2017 Shelby Wauligman graduate collection|
The University of Westminster has a long history and important heritage. Founded in 1838 as first polytechnic institution, currently the school has many courses dedicated to fashion, from research and design to marketing and management. Thanks to an outstanding reputation for popping talents with unique creative visions, from this school were selected 4 students:
- CHLOE SCOTT (BA Hons Fashion Design Menswear) for her graduate collection was inspired by Cecil Beaton’s self-portraits and their obscure and sophisticated athmospheres, translated into refined fabrics, unedited details and tasteful shapes that doesn’t hidden a bit of sense of humor and irony.
- IAN RICHARDSON (BA Hons Fashion Design Womenswear and Accessories) doesn’t want to take fashion too seriously and with his graduate collection transforms household objects into clothes that celebrate mondanity and a joyful lifestyle.
- JASPER MCGILVRAY (BA Hons Fashion Design Menswear) proposes his extravagant vision of a menswear that winks to the contrast between femininity and masculinity, to sportswear and pub culture, in a flamboyant style that leave a lively impression.
- NICHOLAS YIP (BA Hons Fashion Design Menswear) believes that fashion design gives the opportunity to redefine the rules and tradition of men’s aesthetics, in particular in the definition of identity of classic male pieces and military clothing.
|CFDA+ 2017 Chloe Scott graduate collection|
|CFDA+ 2017 Ian Richardson graduate collection|
|CFDA+ 2017 Jasper McGilvray graduate collection|
|CFDA+ 2017 Nichola Yip graduate collection|
This journey to discover new talents from CFDA+ platform is just finishe, but I’ll wait you soon with other fashion stories!