|Fashion designer Lidia Riccio (photo by Enrico Pascarella, model Roberta Riccio, makeup by Mua Indiana Santander)|
|ACCADEMIA DELLA MODA at Fashion Graduate Italia 2017|
|New designer and tailors at ACCADEMIA DELLA MODA|
|Graphic Design and Fashion Communication|
The young aspiring designers who want to enrol to this course will be able to develop the complete design process of a collection from the phase of research to the realization of prototypes, having also a technical and cultural preparation about all the fields concerning fashion world, through subjects like marketing and management, history of fashion, graphic design and fashion communication.
The purpose of the course is to create a new generation of designers able to work in every field of fashion industry or being competitive self-entrepreneurs.
|Fashion sketches realized by the students of ACCADEMIA DELLA MODA (Daniele Giampietro, Alessandra D’Orsi and Gisella Barca)|
- ACCESSORY DESIGN is a specific course focused on jewelry design. Students learn all about the use of precious and innovative materials, the traditional techniques and the newest trends of jewel design and production.
- INTERNATIONAL MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION OF ITALIAN STYLE is a course unique of its kind, because focused on all the necessary knowledge to become an expert of marketing and communication to promote the Italian idea of luxury through the study of subjects like web design, net marketing, advertising and design management.
- TECHNICAL DRAWING FOR FASHION is the most specific Master course because it’s based on the training of professionals who can work in industry in close connection with the fashion designers, providing technical and tailoring skills.
Very interesting are also the short-term professional courses recognized by Regione Campania and available in the Naples and Milan headquarters:
- FASHION DESIGN AND PRODUCT COORDINATOR is a 9-months course that prepares responsibles of collection and productive lines of clothing, fabrics and accessories, able to follow and support the entire productive chain.
- FASHION DESIGN CAD OPERATOR is a 5-months course thought to implement the designer’s skills with technical knowledges about the industrial use of CAD system (photo retouch, vectorial graphic and 3-D CAD).
- HOSTESS AND FASHION MODEL lasts 8-months and is dedicated to who want to pursue a career as actress, model and showgirl offering a complete preparation ranging from make-up, hairstyling, fashion show choreography, diction and posture.
- INDUSTRIAL PATTERN MAKER has a duration of 16 months to better train one of the most requested professional figure. The student will be able to transform geometrical lines into 3-D shapes modifying paper patterns adapting them to the idea of the designer.
|CAD system laboratory|
- INDUSTRAIL PATTERN MAKER CAD OPERATOR is a 5-months specific and technical course dedeicated to designers and pattern makers who want to improve their skills with the most modern software of industrial CAD.
- TAILORING LABORATORY FOR MALE GARMENT is the school’s course more connected to its heritage and to the famous Neapolitan sartorial tradition. The 16-months path will train professional tailors voted to excellence and perfectionism.
- FOOTWEAR PATTERN MAKER and CAD OPERATOR are 12 or 5-months short courses that want to train professional pattern makers specialized for footwear industry, able to manage all the production phases from the sketch to the choice of materials and realization of prototypes. The CAD operator course will provide high-level technical skills in the use of CAD system for the development of industrial collections.
Because for young aspiring designers is really important to know who will teach and train them, I want to spend some words about teachers particular worthy of mention: Rossella Catapano, fashion design teacher who worked for years near Gianni Versace; Alfonso Negri, teacher of fashion design, styling and portfolio who work for Roberto Cavalli; Giusy Sorrentino and Barbara Mazzone, teachers of pattern making, who respectively worked for Maison Valentino and Gianni Molaro Haute Couture; Giovanni Maione and Salvatore Colasanto, both architects who collaborates with Maison Scognamiglio and for the realization of the most important fashion events of Italy like the “Italian Fashion Talent Awards”, to which took part also many school’s students (do you remember Arianna Di Maio?).
|A 3-D creation by the students of ACCADEMIA DELLA MODA|
|“Between Art and Fashion” exhibition|
|Students showcased by “Modaè” fashion magazine by ACCADEMIA DELLA MODA (Gian Matteo Iandoli, Fiorenza D’Antonio, Nicole Vitelli, Valentina Grasso and Sirian Caccese)|
In Naples the school has two headqaurters for a total of over 1750 square meters, with many classrooms, laboratories for tailoring and pattern making, a well-supplied biblioteque, 2 computer labs, an art gallery to showcase the student’s artworks and an office for trends and research, plus a lot of spaces dedicated to recreational moments.